why is it that were always told not to get tattoos at a young age because we “will regret it later on” when we are basically told to choose a career path by age 18? i’d rather be 40 years old with a tattoo that meant something to me when i was young than be 40 years old not wanting to get out of bed to go to a job that i hate because i was forced to decide on a career in my teens
Religion, Barnard College
"Keeping Their Parts: The Archetype of the Virgin Martyr in Performance"
Yesterday there was some big news in the world of physics - scientists detected evidence of “cosmic inflation” - the first exciting moments of the Big Bang.
Cosmic inflation was first described by Andrei Linde and his colleagues in 1983. The new evidence — called the “Holy Grail” and “missing link” of cosmology” —vindicates Linde’s work. Stanford University shared this video of Linde hearing the news:
Chao-Lin Kuo, one of the physicists behind the new discovery, surprised Linde at his home.
"Renata [Linde’s wife] tells me, ‘It’s probably a delivery - did you order anything?’" Linde said. "Yeah — I ordered it 30 years ago and it finally arrived."
Can you explain to me–in excruciating detail, if you feel it would be helpful, because it probably would be–why you use Spotify (if you do)?
- It is one of the few music streaming services available in my country (the GEMA in Germany is notoriously belligerent towards new ways to distribute content)
- It is fairly cheap considering the access you get
- As someone who GMs roleplaying games, i frequently need access to obscure soundtracks which are hard to track down, and expensive to buy - buying all of them is not an option, but most of them are available on spotify
- I like discovering new music through the suggestion feature (which gets pretty good once you have used it for a while) and then having the opportunity to really immerse myself in the work mof a newly discovered artist, without having to jump over an endless series of paywalls in order to do so
- It has a linux client, which i appreciate very much
- It lets me build endless hierarchies of playlists, which again is very helpful as a tool for making soundtracks for roleplaying sessions.